Listen to our quick promo clip found here:
Please CLICK THE ORANGE ARROW to hear the podcast (not the name of the school in the box). You can listen to it while checking out the information for this school and our website.
We are excited to present this weeks show which includes:
- A conversation with the Diocese of Rockford Superintendent
- Boylan High School seniors who all scored a 36 on their ACT exam
- Holy Angels school’s STEM grant award story
- A heartwarming story from the family at SS Peter and Paul who joined the school after hearing our show. The Principal and Assistant Principal there provide an update in the school’s progress
- A father from Holy Cross in Batavia who transferred his children after hearing our Relevant Radio commercial and realizing what they were missing after talking it over with Bill McNamee, the host of the show.
- And of course, what it’s all about – the wonderful children who share from their heart about their Christmas wishes… you will be surprised and want to hear this!
Please click on the ORANGE ARROW below to start the FULL podcast.
After listening to the show, please “like” and “share” with a friend to help encourage another family. We’d love to hear from you. The place to comment is found in the upper right corner of this podcast post. Click where it says, “Leave a comment”.
This radio show is sponsored and hosted by:
Your Easiest Path to HomeownershipSM
718 E Schaumburg Road | Schaumburg, IL 60194
Click here for Linkedin articles written by Bill McNamee about his impressions of some of the schools while he hosted their radio show. You can learn more about his professional background and mortgage business there. You can also learn more about his business at www.CatholicHome.net
Guests for the show include:
- Michael M. Kagan, Superintendent of Schools, Diocese of Rockford. He can be reached at 815.399.4300. Mention you heard the podcast.
- Boylan High School students:
All three are alums of Rockford Catholic elementary schools St. Rita Catholic School and Holy Family Catholic School. Congratulations to these scholars and their families!
Thank you to Mary M. Gavan, Assistant Principal, School Relations for coordinating the student guests for this show. The Catholic Education Office of Rockford just received data on the 2015 A.C.T. test and they are pleased to announce that their high school students who took the exam have again scored higher than their counterparts from across the State of Illinois. 976 students took the college entrance exam during the 2014-15 school year and their composite score (average) of 23.9 was more than three points higher than the state average of 20.7. For more information click here.
Call Boylan High School for more information and mention you heard the podcast:
|4000 St. Francis Drive
Rockford, IL 61103
STRIVING TO BE SAINTS. SCHOLARS. CHAMPIONS.
Holy Angels Catholic School
The presentation of the check for $188,614 for the STEM grant. Pictured are from left to right: Tom Weisner, Mayor, Ryan Maley, Dunham Board Director, Tonya Forbes, Principal, Fr. Michael Lavan, Pastor, David Malloy, Bishop, Adrienne Gilla, Parent/Grant Writer, Becky Barr, Parent/Grant Writer, and Julie Smith, Parent/Grant Writer.
3. Our 3rd guest was Holy Angels Catholic School Tonya Forbes, Principal who spoke on the show. Holy Angels Catholic School offers education for K – 8th grade. Holy Angels School was awarded a Dunham Foundation Grant to help our students “change the world” which are brings a STEM curriculum to Holy Angels. They are using the funds to purchase the STEMscope curriculum, technology, and professional development to show students how the scientific method can be applied to everyday life within a blended learning environment. This would not have been possible without the hard work of Mrs. Adrienne Gilla, Mrs. Becky Barr, and Mrs. Julie Smith. STEM refers to the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The goal is to get students interested in wanting to pursue a math and science path in high school and beyond. This is a very exciting opportunity and a unique program in the Diocese.
SS. Peter and Paul Catholic School
Check out their school website for more information:
SS. Peter and Paul Catholic School – Cary, IL
Call them for a tour and mention the podcast: 847-639-3041
If you’d like to hear their full podcast with more about their school go to our previous podcast post by searching for it on our website or click here.
5. Our next guest was the family that joined the school after hearing the show. The parents are Matthew and Pamela. Ms. Carolyn Strong and Mr. Vincent Sossong also share some information about their experience with the way the radio show/podcast has benefited their school’s promotions. To this date they have had the most plays of their show of all the schools we have featured.
Holy Cross Catholic School, Batavia, IL
6. Our final guest on the show was a father who listened to the show, talked to Bill McNamee and has enrolled 2 of his school-aged children. Rob Stephens has four children and he and his wife toured the school and now are happy they have chosen Catholic school for their children. Listen in to hear their story and how they transitioned so well from public school. If you’d like to hear more about this school, click here for their own full podcast on our website. This school has had one of the highest amount of plays of their podcast. This is an example of another enthusiastic group of parents that have contributed to the success of spreading the good news about the Catholic School Spirit Show podcast to their friends and family far and wide. Click here for their website. Please call for a tour at 630-593-5290 and mention your heard the podcast.
Check out our Facebook page where we share information for parents to learn more about Catholic Schools, encourage family values and share more tips on how to afford Catholic school.
Please comment, like and share our podcast to help with spreading the good news about Catholic schools. If you comment, we value your privacy. Your email address will not be shared with a third party, nor will it be sold or used for other purposes other then commenting on this site.