We are excited to present:
- A conversation with the Diocese of Rockford Superintendent
- Boylan High School seniors who all scored a perfect score of 36 on their ACT exam
- Holy Angels school’s STEM grant award story
- A heartwarming story from the family at SS Peter and Paul who joined the school after hearing our show. The Principal and Assistant Principal provide an update in the school’s progress and how this show has help them.
- A father from Holy Cross in Batavia who transferred his children after hearing our Relevant Radio commercial and realizing what they were missing after talking it over with Bill McNamee, the host of the show.
- And of course, what it’s all about – the wonderful children who share from their heart about what’s important to them… you will be surprised and want to hear this!
Please CLICK THE GREEN ARROWS.
After listening to the show, please “like” and “share” with a friend to help encourage another family. We’d love to hear from you. Show your spirit! Comment below!
This radio show is sponsored and hosted by:
Click here for Linkedin articles written by Bill McNamee about his impressions of some of the schools while he hosted their radio show. You can learn more about his professional background and mortgage business there. You can also learn more about him at his MSI loan business at www.CatholicHome.net
Guests for the show include:
- Michael M. Kagan, Superintendent of Schools, Diocese of Rockford. He can be reached at 815.399.4300. Mention you heard the podcast.
- Boylan High School students:
All three are alums of Rockford Catholic elementary schools St. Rita Catholic School and Holy Family Catholic School. Congratulations to these scholars and their families!
Thank you to Mary M. Gavan, Assistant Principal, School Relations for coordinating the student guests for this show. The Catholic Education Office of Rockford just received data on the 2015 A.C.T. test and they are pleased to announce that their high school students who took the exam have again scored higher than their counterparts from across the State of Illinois. 976 students took the college entrance exam during the 2014-15 school year and their composite score (average) of 23.9 was more than three points higher than the state average of 20.7. For more information click here.
Call Boylan High School for more information and mention you heard the podcast:
|4000 St. Francis Drive
Rockford, IL 61103
STRIVING TO BE SAINTS. SCHOLARS. CHAMPIONS.
Boylan High School was awarded 2005 and 2006 Schools of Excellence award from The Cardinal Newman Society Catholic High School Honor Roll (Top 50) in the Nation. We have a wonderful interview with one of the directors at The Cardinal Newman Society on one of recent shows in Nov. 2016. Click here to find out more about this interview so you can be sure to hear it! Parents will want to be aware of this information in the midst of the challenge of a changing culture.
Holy Angels Catholic School
The presentation of the check for $188,614 for the STEM grant. Pictured are from left to right: Tom Weisner, Mayor, Ryan Maley, Dunham Board Director, Tonya Forbes, Principal, Fr. Michael Lavan, Pastor, David Malloy, Bishop, Adrienne Gilla, Parent/Grant Writer, Becky Barr, Parent/Grant Writer, and Julie Smith, Parent/Grant Writer.
3. Our 3rd guest was Holy Angels Catholic School Tonya Forbes, Principal who spoke on the show. Holy Angels Catholic School offers education for K – 8th grade. Holy Angels School was awarded a Dunham Foundation Grant to help our students “change the world” which are brings a STEM curriculum to Holy Angels. They are using the funds to purchase the STEMscope curriculum, technology, and professional development to show students how the scientific method can be applied to everyday life within a blended learning environment. This would not have been possible without the hard work of Mrs. Adrienne Gilla, Mrs. Becky Barr, and Mrs. Julie Smith. STEM refers to the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. The goal is to get students interested in wanting to pursue a math and science path in high school and beyond. This is a very exciting opportunity and a unique program in the Diocese.
SS. Peter and Paul Catholic School
Check out their school website for more information:
SS. Peter and Paul Catholic School – Cary, IL
Call them for a tour and mention the podcast: 847-639-3041
If you’d like to hear their own full podcast with more about their school click here.
5. Our guests include the family that joined the school after hearing the show. We appreciate Matthew and Pamela who share from their sincere hearts in order to help other families. Ms. Carolyn Strong and Mr. Vincent Sossong also share some information about their experience with the way the radio show/podcast has benefited their school’s promotions. As of Feb. 2016, their podcast has had nearly 400 plays – one the highest amounts of all the schools we have features.
Our show impacts enrollment at Holy Cross School in Batavia!
6. Our last guest is a success story of how this Catholic School Spirit Show helps schools with enrollment. Rob Stevens, a father at Holy Cross school describes how talking with Bill set into motion a conversation with his wife where they ultimately made a life changing decision together! They brought their four children on a tour and they enrolled their school aged children there. He describes the process of how he discovered it was affordable and the beautiful and positive impact this has had on his family. We are so thrilled to make a difference in their lives and we hope more families will have a chance to listen to our show!
Visit www.HolyCrossCatholicSchool.org to learn more. Then, take the next step to learning first-hand why HCCS is the best a Catholic education has to offer your family. Schedule a visit or contact us today. Call: 630.593.5290
To listen to Holy Cross’s latest podcast click here. As of Feb. 2016, their podcast has had nearly 500 plays – the highest amount of all the schools we have featured!
New additional Rockford schools we have featured on our show Spring of 2016:
Click here to listen to St. Bridget Catholic School in Loves Park, IL show. They are also a Rockford Diocese school. They are near Rockford, IL.
We have also added Holy Family school from Rockford, IL to our list of featured schools. Click here for their terrific podcast.
Be sure to share this with a family interested in Catholic education. We’d appreciate hearing from you in the comment section. Click here to become a fan of our show on Facebook and find more tips on affording Catholic School and to hear our new shows!
-blog post designed by Genevieve Cano, Producer. To contact her for your digital marketing projects, use the contact form in the left side bar.