St. Jude Catholic School: Passionately Catholic, Academically Excellent, Distinctly Dominican
“Aware that the educational process is not simply a human activity but a Christian journey toward the Triune God, students are encouraged to recognize God in the sacraments, in doing His will, in one another, and in the everyday simple tasks which they perform. They are encouraged to develop a prayer life that unites them with Christ…” St. Jude Catholic School’s philosophy from their website.
Here is the podcast! Click on the green arrow (not the title).
Contact their school by calling 815-729-0288 Tell the Principal you heard the show. Click here for their website.
You can find their One Minute messages we produced with their guests to promote their school by clicking here. You will not want to miss this! The radio show broadcast information is there too. Their next broadcast will be April 15th and 12017.
We are grateful for all the guests on the show. The students were incredible! BIG thanks for Sister for planning the show. The adult guests are listed in order of appearance on the show.
- Father Michael Lane, Pastor, explains how we all need to anchor ourselves to Christ.
- Sr. Cecilia Joseph, OP, Principal together with
- Janet Howat, Assistant Principal
- Chris and Meredith Spesia , parents of six children who previously experienced 15 years of secular Montessori schooling, and then found St. Jude Parish and School to be the best place for them. They also describe the benefits they have gained by being involved with the Family Faith Formation Parish program which lead to enrolling their younger son to St. Jude. Meredith states, “This school is a gem!” Awesome story!
- Ben Hulbert, 2014 Alumni “The Sisters are joyful witnesses of the Gospel”
- Grace Crumbaugh, 2013 Alumni Believe it or not, she describes that Religion class is her favorite class! Listen to hear why. President of the Rosary Club at Joliet West Public High School
- Jake Gancarzyk , 1996 Alumni and son of his mother, a 1973 alumni. He lives his life by the philosophy of the Beatitudes which he learned at this school.
- Jennifer Waldvogel parent, realtor (see below for her contact info)
- Dave Lennon parent, CPA, financial planner (see below for his contact info)
Photos during the Recording Day at their school!
When Pope Francis was chosen the whole school “stopped” to honor that moment. Listen to Dave Lennon’s interview to hear the description of our Holy Father’s impact on the school over the years.
We invite you to visit the beautiful Dominican Sister’s website. You can find the Virtues in Practice program here.
To learn more about financial help to afford Catholic education click here. This show is sponsored by:
Become a fan of the Catholic School Spirit Show on Facebook ! Receive more tips about affording Catholic School and find out about our upcoming shows.
Jennifer Waldvogel parent, Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell realtor 815-409-9768
Dave Lennon parent, CPA, financial planner, 815-725-7070 Ext. 3 Click here for the website.
-blog post designed by Genevieve Cano, Producer. To contact her for your media projects use the contact form on the left side bar of this website.